is the method of scientific communication, an alternative to traditional dissemination of scientific knowledge through scientific journals. Its principle is an unlimited online access to scientific information provided by auto-archiving of articles in open repositories or publishing in open journals.
The benefits of open access:
- An acceleration of scientific information interchange
- Extension of scientific information availability
- Increase in the visibility of scientific information
- Increase in the number of readers
- Increase in citation impact